I drink cow fat and smear it on my skin every day.
It’s part of my “get optimized” morning routine.
The fat I drink was originally called “Activator X” and the topical stuff is “Stank Stop” and “Body Butter” – so yes, I’m literally drinking cow fat and smearing it all over my body.
But it’s not as weird or uncommon as you might think…
Why You Should Say NO to Anti-Perspirants
The natural and organic skin care industry is an exploding market.
In fact, by 2020, it will be a $16,000,000,000 – yes, 16 Billion dollar industry!
The demand for chemical-free foods is growing and brands like McDonalds and General Mills are quickly pivoting to update their product lines and images to meet these changing consumer demands – check out our podcast with EPIC provisions who was recently acquired by General Mills.
This consumer demand for real products, free from potentially harmful additives is spreading to personal care products at an exponential rate.
Using the whole cow (nose to tail) bringing this story full circle
The fat I’m drinking every morning is ghee in my coffee. And the topical potions I smear on my body are tallow-based deodorants and skin moisturizers.
Like I said – not as uncommon as it first sounded.
Today, the OPP goes behind the curtain to talk with the people producing these natural products.
Cassandra Burnside from FatCo (formerly Fat Face Skin Care) and Daniel Draskinis from Gold Nugget Ghee are here to educate us on fat-based foods and personal care and how we can optimize our health with these fat-based health powerhouses.
Some of the benefits include:
- Increased energy
- Stabilize blood sugar levels
- Improved brain function
- Natural solutions for skin conditions like psoriasis, eczema, and athlete’s foot
- Less acne
- Smoother, healthier skin
- Minimize exposure to chemicals, pesticides, and hormone disruptors
We also examine regulations on grass-fed and organic classifications, labeling loopholes, talk about therapeutic essential oils, and much more.
Click the images below to listen to the OPP on-the-go: on iTunes or Stitcher.
In this edition of the OPP, this is what you’ll hear from Cassy and Daniel:
- Learn the difference between “tallow” and “lard”
- Ghee = Ayurvedic healing superstar
- Sourcing for foods and supplements – lawsuits against suppliers who fail to meet claims
- Weston A. Price and how tallow can heal the skin
- Why “Stank Stop” is the coolest deodorant on the planet – and a preview of FatCo’s new release
- How natural product companies deal with hot and cold extreme temperatures
- The difference between ghee and butter – safe for those sensitive to dairy (lactose and casein)
- Activator X – what is it and why Weston A Price was obsessed with it’s health benefits
- Toxins stored in fat – make sure your high-fat products are form the best sourced animals
- Natural flavors – not always natural or healthy
- Your crash course in therapeutic essential oils
- Loopholes in the skin care and food labeling laws/regulations that you need to know about and several tools you can download to your phone to help see through the BS
- Using animal fats topically to help with skin conditions like psoriasis, athletes foot, and eczema
- Should you be “cleaning” your skin with oil?
- Where you can find more of FatCo and Gold Nugget Ghee
- Cassy and Daniel each give their Top 3 Tips to #LiveOptimal
Links and Resources from this episode of the OPP
Fat Co Website (Use code = NaturalStacks to save 10%!)
Gold Nugget Ghee (Use code = Natural Stacks to save 10%!)
Weston A. Price Event in Alabama in November
Environmental Working Group’s Skin Deep Clean Products
Buycott App – Vote With Your Wallet
Think Dirty – Shop Clean
Optimize Your Health with these Natural Stacks Formulas
Grass-fed Whey and Collagen Protein blend for the world’s greatest protein supplement
Links & Resources