Ancestral health is not about romanticizing the caveman.
We’ve come a long way from our humble beginnings – there’s no need to regress.
Instead, the ancestral health movement is about seeking progress through re-evaluating our current relationships with our food, our land, technology, and our communities.
Here’s an up close look at how these relationships are impacting our health along with 10 (or more) ways we can increase our energy, happiness, performance and longevity by channeling ancestral techniques to re-evaluate the way we interact with our world.
Meet James Broderick, the Hairless Ape and Ancestral Health Leader
Why do we need to embrace this ancestral health movement – or at the very least, inject our own lives with some ancestral wisdom?
The short answer: humans are maladapted to modern living.
So James Broderick “rehabilitates domesticated humans so that they may safely and consciously re-enter the wild.”
James admits this is a bit “tongue-in-cheek”.
But the facts back up James’s position.
Obesity rates are soaring. Anti-depressants are downed like Skittles. (By the way, when did downing Skittles become normal or healthy?)
We move less than we ever have before, we spend more time indoors than ever before, we have access to food like never before…and the simple fact is, our biology does not change as quickly as technology and science have changed our lifestyles.
So yes, humans are adapted for a lifestyle that is a bit more wild and ancestral than the one most of us are living today.
James shares his wisdom and gives us 10 ways to improve our health through ancestral wisdom on this episode of the OPP.
Listen to the Optimal Performance Podcast on-the-go:
What you’ll hear from James Broderick on the OPP:
- Why you need to put your own mask on first
- Ancestral health meets internet marketing
- It’s not about romancing cavemen…it’s about changing current relationships with our community, our land, and technology
- Slowing down and reducing stimuli from technology
- Exposing your body’s largest solar panel, and the best time of day to do it
- Why sleeping on hard surfaces teaches your body to loosen up
- Wim Hof’s secret to harnessing tummo/Inner fire
- Why spring water is your best bet for water
- Breaking the fast with Bone Broth and fermented foods
- Should we all be drinking Pu-erh fermented green tea?
- The alarming prevalence of Monsanto’s glyphosate (RoundUp) in our food supply – even organic foods
- Are probiotics better than omega-3’s?
- The benefits of re-mineralizing our body each morning
- Where to find more of James and Ancestral Health Radio
- James Broderick’s Top 3 Tips to #LiveOptimal
Links & Resources
Ancestral Health Website
James on Facebook
James on Instagram
Quantum Health: Light, Water and Magnetism Facebook group
Ancestral Health Leaders Mentioned in this episode:
- Frank Forencich: Exuberant Animal
- Mark Sisson: Mark’s Daily Apple
- Mark on the OPP: Become a Fat Burning Beast
- Jack Kruse
- Loren Cordain
- Robb Wolf
- Chris Kesser
- Peter Michael Bauer
Tummo – The ancient tradition powering Wim Hof’s “Inner Fire”
Earth Runners Grounding Sandals and Shoes
** Monsanto Labeling Law Info **
Keep the conversation going in the comments below.