Dr. Raleigh Duncan knows saunas.
In fact, his innovations removed harmful EMF’s from sauna heaters and changed the entire industry.
Bottom line, if you’re looking for the truth about electromagnetic fields, healing with heat, whether near or far infrared saunas are better, or the benefits of saunas, Dr. Raleigh Duncan is your man.
Dr. Raleigh Duncan and Saunas
Saunas are amazing. They boast an impressive list of benefits including:
- Skin and wound healing
- Increased blood flow
- Stress reduction
- Increased recovery 
- improve blood lipid panels as much as exercise 
- body fat reduction 
On this episode of the Optimal Peformance Podcast, we talk with Dr. Raleigh Duncan from Healing With Heat and Clearlight Sauanas.
Over the last few decades, Raleigh and his team have revolutionized the industry by removing EMF (dirty electricity) from the heating elements and then they posted the strategy on YouTube so everyone could benefit from this technology.
Now they’re making saunas more accessible to everyone, reducing the price of in-home to affordable price tags and making them run on regular electric plug-ins.
In this episode of the OPP, Dr. Duncan elaborates on the previously listed benefits of saunas as well as a few other crucial health-promoting topics.
Dr. Duncan explains that (good) saunas emit resonate frequencies – frequencies that match our natural electrical fields and aid in detoxification and healing.
He also explains how they removed EMF from saunas, how they shared this technology with the entire industry and how
We also discuss the difference between near, mid and far infrared saunas and the potential uses/applications for each:
- Near – Penetrates the skin to helps skin rejuvenation and wound healing
- Mid -Penetrates soft tissue for recovery and healing of muscles, and increases oxygenation
- Far – Deep penetration needed for detoxification
Perhaps the most important point in this entire podcast is Raleigh’s advice that we achieve more balance between our parasympathetic and sympathetic states.
Parasympathetic is “rest and digest” while sympathetic is “fight or flight”. In our society of overly distracted and stressed people, we need more time in the relaxed (parasympathetic state).
Dr. Duncan said it best: “the human body will not devote resources to healing when it thinks it’s being chased by a tiger”.[Tweet “The human body will not devote resources to healing when it thinks it’s being chased by a tiger”]
Click the images below to listen to the OPP on-the-go: on iTunes or Stitcher.
What you’ll learn about saunas from Dr. Raleigh Duncan in this episode of the OPP:
- Did you know… the original heating elements in the first saunas were used to dry paint – until someone put them in a box with humans
- Which wavelengths heal the body and how can you get more exposure to these “resonate wavelengths”
- Removing EMF from saunas and changing the industry
- The difference between near, mid, and far infrared saunas and the uses/benefits of each
- What to look for in saunas that you use or buy for your home
- EMF readers and PEMF
- Binghamton Study = 4% Reduction in body fat with NO OTHER CHANGES
- The importance of balancing time spent in parasympathetic and sympathetic states
- Tips to spend more time in the parasympathetic state
- How to use the sauna before and after workouts
- Guidelines for how, when, and how often to use saunas
- Amethyst crystal mats with PEMF and infrared
- Alternative uses for saunas – PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI), skin and sleep
- Mitochondria and Near-infrared light for increased healing
- Dr. Duncan’s thoughts on cyrotherapy vs heat therapy – and the importance of shocking your body and getting out of routines
- Don’t wait. Give yourself permission to follow your dreams.
- Where you can find more of Dr. Raleigh Duncan
- Dr. Duncan’s Top 3 Tips to #LiveOptimal
Links & Resources
Heal With Heat 1-800-317-5070
Mention the code Natural Stacks for special pricing
EMF Readers (The Digital Leutron)
PEMF Devices for sleep
Binghamton University Study – saunas decreased body fat by 4% in 16 weeks