You’re proactive about your health.
You want to be in control of your destiny.
But what metrics and markers should you track to ensure you attain peak health?
With the numerous tests and quantifiable metrics for biohackers to track, it can get pretty confusing.
In this post, leading health expert Dr. Russell Jaffe simplifies health monitoring and presents us with the 8 Predictive Biomarkers we should be tracking.
What are predictive biomarkers, you ask?
Biomarkers = lab values that have meaning and can provide a snapshot of our current health status.
Predictive biomarkers = values around which we can guide therapies, or create plans to move us closer to optimal health.
Here’s a preview of the 8 predictive biomarkers we’ll discuss in this podcast:
Focusing on these 8 areas and keeping your values at the predictive goal value can be life-changing. As Dr. Jaffe says this is “the best way to reduce all disease-related health risk and add years – even decades – to your life and equally important, add life to your years.”
Who is Dr. Russell Jaffe?
Dr. Russell Jaffe has more degrees and certifications than you want to read.
He’s a medical doctor who was trained at the National Institute of Health (NIH) and has spent his 40+ year career bringing integrative and functional medicine, nutrition, even acupuncture into the Western way of “sick-care” as we discuss on this episode.
He also plans to be dancing at 120 years old – so he practices what he preaches.
We caught up with Dr. Jaffe between keynote speeches at the Silicon Valley Health Institute and the Commonwealth Club in San Fransisco last week. He literally presented the same information you’re about to hear to other doctors and leading health experts from around the world.
What you’ll learn from Dr. Russell Jaffe on this episode of the Optimal Performance Podcast:
- The message is: you can control and save your life – or you can put it in the hands of someone else…
- Genetics = 8%; Epigenetics = 92% of the health that you experience; Epigentics = the lifestyle we live activates, turns on/off certain genes to
- Predictive Biomarkers = those that have meaning and provides a value around which we can guide therapy
- Test #1 = Insulin, blood sugar, carbohydrate metabolism = Hemoglobin A1C – measures extra sugar in our body
- Test #2 = (High Sensitivity) C-Reactive Protein: all-cause morbidity indicator…
- Test #3 = Homocysteine or HCy: Methylation, repair of blood vessels and cardiovascular health
- Dr. Jaffe doesn’t care about your MTHFR gene – Clearing up the confusion on 23 & Me, Theranos, the industry buzzword “methylation” and the MTHFR gene
- Test #4 = Lymphocyte & Immune Tolerance – what environmental compounds can you tolerate without stressing digestion, sleep, mood, cognition, and performance …Basically an ALCAT test on steroids
- Test #5 = The pH of our first morning urination: Measuring mineral status and cellular metabolic acidosis – the batteries inside the cell for cellular energy
- Test #6 = Vitamin D (25-HydroxyD): how this “neurohormone” functions in cellular cross-talk and plays a major role in mitigating cellular mutations (Cancer)
- Rate limiting substrates – or the weak link in your chain
- Test #7 = The Omega-3:Omega-6 Ratio
- Test #8 = Oxidative Damage from environmental toxins: How 8-Oxo-Guanine measures exposure to the VOC’s, POPs (hormone disruptors), mold, radiation, chemicals, pesticides, and other landmines from the 21st century
- The Goldilocks value…not too low, not too high – JUST RIGHT! Knowing the optimal value you want for each of these 8 biomarkers AND how to get there
- “Eat like a peasant, feel like a King. Eat like a King, die young and suffer.” Old English aphorism
- How consumers drive change and transition
- Biodynamic farming and “super organic” plants that produce 2X the
- Inflammation = repair deficit (physiological term that we are failing to return to baseline)
- Health Food Superstars “GGOBSE”: Garlic, Ginger, Onions, Brassica, Sprouts, and Eggs
- “Goal value is to be tolerant to everything. Healthy people are tolerant.”
- Why Italians laugh at your yellow Olive Oil
- Addressing oxidative stress with the Vitamin C (ascorbate) cleanse to determine oxidative damage and the link between Vitamin C and auto-immune diseases
- Where you can find Dr. Russell Jaffe and get more of his work
- Dr. Jaffe’s Top 3 Tips to #LiveOptimal
- “Live in harmony with your nature.” (This requires that you know your nature. If you can discover your nature and live in harmony with, THAT is the secret to happiness. Otherwise it is going to fight with you.)
Links & Resources
Dr. Russell Jaffe’s Website
PERQUE Integrative Health: www.PERQUE.com
ELISA/ACT Biotechnologies: www.ELISAACT.com
Toll Free Numbers to find certified Physicians in your area:
- 1-800-553-5472 (PERQUE Integrative Health)
- 1-800-525-7372 (ELISAACT)
pH test Kit ($11)
Sugar intake in 1822 = 6.3 pounds per year per person.
Sugar intake in 2005 = 107.7 lbs per year per person.
Source: Stephen Guyenet
#LiveOptimal with Natural Stacks
Vitamin D: With organic coconut oil for enhanced absorption
Non-GMO Vitamin C to support your body’s antioxidant activity and neural protection
MagTech: Features the only magnesium compound proven to cross the blood-brain barrier – ensuring that you get magnesium delivered where you need it most
How Hemoglobin A1c Predicts 10-Year Survival